One of the key lessons that I have learned over the years as a test pilot is that the success of any team or organization is contingent on strong leadership with core values. Teams need an environment of trust as well as a transparent and ‘safe workplace’ to openly identify challenges and get to the bottom of problems, most importantly, learn from each other’s mistakes. With these traits, we can create powerful, effective, and ultimately very successful organizations. One of the most serious threats to an extremely cohesive functional team is toxicity. Toxic leadership can destabilize the ability of a test flying unit to operate safely. A toxic work environment erodes the ‘team’ and in the world of experimental test flying (maybe one of the most dangerous environments that exists), it can kill people.
- Fate, Luck and Choice – Gifted…or Not…
- NATO vs Russian Pilots
- Fate, Luck and Choice – The Kenny Switch
- Fate, Luck and Choice – The Hole in the Wall Gang
- Fate, Luck and Choice – Shortest F-5 Landing Rollout Ever
- The Merge Podcast Episode
- F-35 vs CF-18 Introduction. What I did not say.
- Fate, Luck and Choice – F-16 E/F Terrain Following ‘Anomaly’
- F-35 Works After All!
- Aircrew Performance: Pennies on the Dollar
- F-16s to Ukraine?
- Tall Poppies
- Capability Paradox
- The CRITICAL FLAW in $100 Million Fighter Jets
- Optimizing Human Performance in Fighter Jets
- A Good Day for the RCAF